Tun Sakaran Marine Park Day Trip
TOUR CODE: TWU07
Tun Sakaran Marine Park is also known as the Semporna Islands Park, comprises of eight islands – Bohey Dulang, Bodgaya, Sebangkat, Selakan, Mantabuan, Sibuan, Maiga, as well as the Church Reef and Kapikan Reef.
This Marine Park is a 35,000 ha archipelago located at the entrance of Darvel Bay, off Semporna and is a unique blend of nature and marine biodiversity. It is the perfect holiday spot for nature lovers, culture seekers, snorkelers, hikers and divers. Tourists can hike, meet the Sea Gypsies, scuba dive, snorkel and watch birds the whole day at this wonderful park.
Compared to Semporna town, nature remains comparatively unspoiled here and the marine life here, also not as astounding as Sipadan and Mabul island, is still very good and has been compared to the Australia’s Great Barrier Reef (according to the scientific study by marine biologists).
However, it is not just nature’s bounty that makes the place so attractive. The crowning glory of the place is the people who live here – the nomadic Sea Gypsies, called Bajau Laut, who have woven a special type of give-and-take relationship with the waters of the area. They live in houseboats, or homes built on stilts on top of coral reefs. Their unique lifestyle and bonds with nature are added attractions for visitors.
Duration : 7 hours
07:45 Hours - Meet at Semporna Town Hotel.
08:30 Hours - Register at the Semporna Office and grab your snorkeling equipment from our team and get ready to depart to Bohey Dulang.
09:00 Hours - Arrive at Bohey Duland Island. You may take a hiking activity . The hike will take about 1hour. Embrace yourself with a breath taking scenery of the surroundings of the island. After the hiking, packed lunch will be served at Bohey Dulang jetty.
12:30 Hours - Depart to Mantabuan to do the 1st Snorkeling session. Walk around the island and take pictures of the Sea Gypsies living on the island. Rest and enjoy the sun bath before proceeding to the 2nd Snorkeling session.
14:00 Hours - Depart to Sibuan for 2nd Snorkeling Session.
15:30 Hours - Arrive back to Semporna.
|MYR 160 PER ADULT||MYR 95 PER CHILD||BOOK|
Rates are based on per person basis & Mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 December 2021 (tour commencement date).
* Child rate applies for children between 3 - 11 years old.
* Infant below 3 years old is FOC
- Rates Include:
- Return boat transfer from Semporna Jetty to the Destination.
- Snorkeling Equipment with Snorkeling Guide.
- Packed Lunch.
- Semporna Jetty Fee.
- Conservation Fee.
- Sabah Park Entrance Fee.
- Rates exclude:
- Travel Insurance
- Requirement for the trip:
- Hiking Shoes
- Swim Wear
- Change of Clothes
- Waterproof Camera
- Own Drinking Bottle
- First Aid Kit
- Extra fees will be charge on the spot in case of losing life jacket (RM100) and snorkeling mask (RM150).
- The is a Sit-In-Coach(SIC) basis tour - sharing transportation, you might joint with tourist from different country. Please notify us upon booking if you are looking for private tour,subject to available and surcharge might be applied.
- The pickup time is for reference only, actual time may be vary depends on number of visitors, distance, season, weather and road conditions, should be within 15 minutes.
- Transportation surcharge : Outskirts Area Hotels / Homestay – RM30 per person.
- If you are happy and satisfied with the journey and the tour guide service, it's always a nice way to express your appreciation with tipping (option), OR some words of thanks are also welcome.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.